Saturday, August 18, 2012

Typical PEI

From Bavaria, across the Pond to Prince Edward Island, Canada. Home of my childhood and beyond and still the place where the majority of my relatives can be found on any given day in the summer. 

Today's photos are those I consider classic poses of the Island. The first, above, is looking out across New London Bay toward French River from the Homestead Trail in Cavendish National Park. Even in late morning you can see the distinctive red cliffs below the lighthouse.


Next up is a shot of Green Gables from the front yard. I had the privilege of spending a few hours hiking the nearby trails with my mother and her sister, both of whom lived in the house as children before it was taken over by the government and turned into a manifestation of the fictional centerpiece of Lucy Maud Montgomery's oh-so-famous literary work.
Above is a shot of Stanley Bridge pier in the evening light. So many of my teenage memories are wrapped up in this area!




The last two shots are of Rustico Harbor in the morning light.


It is hard to imagine a prettier place than the Island this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment