Sunday, August 26, 2012

Kestrel

 Today's post is mostly about the beautiful Kestrel or Sparrowhawk we saw last week but I also wanted to show a photo I forgot to include yesterday of the reason we went to Deep Lake.

Ken and I have a pretty clear policy on fishing when we are camping -we catch what we can eat and then quit. In this case it took me two casts to get the cutthroat trout on the left and Ken four casts to hook his brook trout, right. They were both big fish and provided more than enough nourishment for dinner that night.

Deep Lake does not get much fishing pressure so I don't feel bad taking a couple of trout out of the pool.


 Meanwhile, this kestrel was an amazing spot of color against the brown cliffs behind him. If you click on the photo to enlarge it you will see that even his beak is multi-colored!

No comments:

Post a Comment