Thursday, May 17, 2012

Yellow Heads

 On our way home from the wedding in Utah we decided to take the western route. It is not the most direct way home but it is probably the most scenic and, now that Yellowstone Park is open for the summer, it is only a few miles longer than the route up and over South Pass.

We spent the night in Jackson Hole. When we got to town, Ken pulled up in front of the information center and let me out while he went to check into the hotel. He knew my first thought would be of capturing some yellow-headed blackbirds with my camera.

I was not disappointed! Not only were the colorful birds on hand, they were putting on a wonderful display of motion and sound.

 To the right, a male yellow-headed blackbird raises his head to sing his distinctive, if not beautiful, song!
Wow! What can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment