Thursday, May 10, 2012

Climbing White Mountain

 Even though this was final exam week for me, I managed to finish my major project last Thursday so Ken and I decided to climb White Mountain with a friend on Friday.

I have a lot of photos in this post but they are a small fraction of those I took and I hope to post more at a later date.
In the first shot, above, Ken is standing on a ledge about halfway up on our journey. It almost looks like I photoshopped him in but I promise I didn't!

It was a gray, cloudy day but even so, the views of Sunlight Basin were spectacular.

To the right is a shot of one of the many lichen covered trees along the way.
 This twisted stump looked like a work of art. I wish I could put it in my living room!
 The first section of the hike/climb involves some tricky side sloping on loose scree.


A close-up view of the notch in the rock wall.
 The view of the Basin from near the top.



To the right is another amazing twisted tree in the midst of a bed of moss.
And one last view from above!

No comments:

Post a Comment