Thursday, May 24, 2012

Avian Variety

 One of the most amazing things about birds is the incredible variety of sizes, shapes, habitats, colors, diets, etc.

Today I am showing just a few of the shots I took on our trip home from Utah.

Sandhill Cranes are beautiful birds with a wonderful sound. These two were strolling along a wetland in Idaho, enjoying a peaceful day.
 Curlews are not usually so easy to capture with the camera but this guy seemed quite happy to have his photo taken. He is looking a little disheveled. I think he may have just taken a bath.

Female red-winged blackbirds are usually ignored in favor of their more colorful mates such as the one below. There is something about this female to the left however, that caught my eye. I love her pose and I really like the shades in the background water.

No comments:

Post a Comment