Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Follow-up

 Today's photos are follow-ups from previous posts. I mentioned on Monday that this is shaping up to be a big year for snakes.

This morning I opened the door to the feed shed and found this rattler curled up dead center in the middle of the floor. Luckily for me I saw him before I stepped inside.

I called Ken and he used the snake grabber to catch onto the unhappy snake so it could be relocated to an area on the other side of a cliff from the corrals.

In the first photo it is hard to see the snake's head because he is moving it from side to side. The second shot shows how detailed and beautiful the pattern is but it is not a sight you would want to see if you weren't expecting it! If you click on the photo you can see it in larger size.
 We transferred the rattler to a large kitty litter container and Ken carried him about a quarter mile away before letting him go.
 The second set of shots are from the raven nest yesterday. I am thrilled to see that all three babies are still alive and well. And hungry! In the shot above you can just see the third bird's beak behind his sibling on the right. In the photo below, the one baby is stretching high in an effort to get his meal before the other two.

I am sure mama raven thinks they are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment