Sunday, May 27, 2012

Stewart Falls

 What is it about waterfalls that captures us so? They are like rainbows in the emotions they seem to evoke in people. No matter how cynical you are, it is hard not to smile at the sight of rainbows and waterfalls!

All of today's images are from Stewart Falls near Sundance, Utah. When Ken and I went down for the wedding we found ourselves doing the easy 2 hour hike to the falls and back three different times.
The first photo, above, was taken about 6am on our last morning there. I wanted to capture the warm morning light and Ken was kind enough to accompany me at that early hour. Strangely enough, I think I prefer the closer views of the falls. Even though the landscape is beautiful in the first photo, the mountains are so big that they tend to overwhelm the impact of the two-tiered, 200' plus cascade of water.



No comments:

Post a Comment