Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Southfork

 Yesterday I found myself on the Southfork, south of Cody, helping out on a Search and Rescue mission. This is a remote, spectacular and extremely rugged area.

While I couldn't possibly carry my camera while searching (because of the added weight and the treacherous terrain, let alone the problem of focusing on the goal at hand), there were a couple hours at the end of the day when I was stationed at staging and could snap a few shots of the surrounding countryside.
 The wind had come up throughout the day and suddenly, in early evening, the previously clear blue sky became clogged with thick smoke. The sun turned bright red and the landscape dulled as ash started falling on our vehicles. We were assured that the fire was many miles from our location but it was a dramatic change nonetheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment