Friday, June 29, 2012

More Locals

 This morning I caught sight of a mama cottontail nosing around the yard with her baby by her side. It is unusual to capture a photo of the two together so I grabbed my camera and went back to try. As soon as I stepped outside the mama bunny chased her little one into the bushes.

I stood there with my camera ready for a few minutes but they were too smart for me so I shut down the Canon and turned to head back indoors. My movements apparently startled another observer that I hadn't even realized was there.
 Up rose the golden eagle from a rock just a few yards away! By the time I got the camera turned on again he was halfway across the yard - without his breakfast of bunny.

It is so good to see the eagle back again. It never ceases to amaze me how he can be intimidated (harassed) into leaving for the few months the ravens have their nest in action.
 The wonderful story by Kathie K left as a comment to yesterday's post inspired me to go back out last evening and attempt to get some better shots of the violet green swallows in action. I wanted to show the wonderful colors of these birds that earned them their name.

I am so glad I was sitting outside when the meeting above took place!
Look at that face!

No comments:

Post a Comment