Monday, June 20, 2011

Contest Results and More

I returned home yesterday evening from a week in Columbus, Ohio at the NQA Annual Quilt Show. It was an amazing, exciting, creative, exhausting time! Who would believe quilting could involve so much hard work? I will post some images from the show in the days to come but today I wanted to follow up on the contest I presented before I left. If you remember, the challenge was to come up with a more imaginative name for the flower pictured than its official handle of "Golden Weed".  
I received five entries with alternative suggestions. Because of the small number and because I really like them all better than the current name, I have decided to award the prize - a three pack of Light in the Valley greeting cards - to all five. Please send your mailing address to me at kathylich@yahoo.com and I will put your prize in the mail.
The five entries were:
Honeydrops by Janice PD
Sunnyside Ups by Sylvia Weir
Sun Spots by Lera Cavanaugh
Prairie Paddle Star by Linda Mac
Sun Wheels by Karen M
Thank you all for participating!

Meanwhile...some things never change. Shortly after I arrived home I looked out the window to see the two adult ravens harassing the golden eagle. I cannot believe the eagle chose his perch on top of the blooming evening primrose! Too bad there wasn't better lighting but I really appreciate the eagle's attempt at composition!

No comments:

Post a Comment