Saturday, January 21, 2017

Inauguration Day

Yesterday seemed like a good day to put on the skis and get out into the wild. The endless discussions and coverage from Washington were a constant reminder of the dysfunctional family that America has become over the last year or so. I chose to go to my healing place in nature which is a much more peaceful environment and doesn't involve people trying to talk over each other in an effort to make their opinion seem the most valid. 

This doesn't mean I am sticking my head in the sand. Like many others I have fears about what is to come in this country, particularly as it affects this beautiful world in which we live and its many inhabitants. But yesterday, for me, was about spending time gathering strength from the beauty around me and appreciating the natural world in all its glory. 

 Above, the view looking east from Yellowstone's east entrance.


This swing, left, was a discovery made as we returned to the car parked at Pahaska. I don't know who put it there and it is probably illegal but its presence tickled my fancy as a symbol of innocence and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment