Friday, February 17, 2012

Media Class

 Today I am showing two very different photos. The one thing they have in common is that both were taken for my Media Class. I have been surprised to discover how much I enjoy this facet of photography.

The first shot was for an assignment calling for a photo taken at an event using only existing light, i.e. no flash. I took my camera along to the Crab Crack in Cody last weekend and caught this shot of Lisa McDonald, a belly dancer, spinning as she danced on stage.

I submitted the photo to the NWC Trail (the college paper) as well as the Powell Tribune and was pleasantly surprised to have both newspapers run it. My first official media photograph!
The second shot was taken this morning and is for my "Feature" assignment, due on Monday. Features are general interest, feel good shots that often include animals, children or humor. I was tagging along as my rancher neighbor was feeding cattle but he assured me before we left that it would be a couple weeks before any of his cows would be giving birth. Turns out we were both surprised by this newborn!

No comments:

Post a Comment