Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Let it Snow!

 For twenty years I have been bragging about not having to shovel snow in this high desert climate. Well, it looks like the joke is on me this week. It started snowing four days ago and it has not stopped since. I estimate we are at about 30" now and it is still coming down. Getting out the drive is not possible. Lucky for me and the llamas we have shelter and lots of food.

It is tough on the birds and bunnies. Last night even the golden eagle came into the yard in search of a meal.
When I went out to feed the llamas this morning I discovered that all but the top rail of the fence has disappeared in places.

Every day I have to dig out spots for them to eat. It is a forced workout first thing in the morning!
The snow has made some interesting sculptures. This is the ladder going up the cliff. 


No snow post is complete without the obligatory shot of patio furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment