Monday, December 12, 2011

Winter Raptors

 I have been preparing my final project photos for the last few weeks and am now getting ready to take my final exams this week.

For my Beginning Digital class I elected to present six images of bird species that winter in Wyoming. Things were going well and I was happy with my selections as I was getting them finalized last week. Then, on my way to classes on Wednesday I came across this bald eagle staring down at me from his high perch. He seemed quite content to let me take shot after shot and so I amended my final selection by dropping a finch and adding him to the mix.
Then, on Thursday, I met up with this regal looking golden eagle! He ignored me totally as I stood ten feet away and captured image after wonderful image. That day the photo of the nuthatch was scrapped so this guy could take his place. 

I will post the other images as well as a few that didn't make the cut in the next few days.

1 comment: