Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Snow Birds

 I had to go into Cody today so I was not happy when I awoke to 6" of new snow! The drive in was terrible and I wondered more than once if I should just turn around and go home. But it is April and by mid-day the snow was melting and temperatures were warming.

I decided to take a quick trip up to Beck Lake before I left town just to see if any birds were migrating through. As soon as I stopped the car I could see and hear several hundred Bohemian Waxwings making the most of the russian olive fruit. What an amazing sight they are with their rusty colored butts and the bright yellow and red wing trim!
There were also dozens of robins in the snowy trees. No doubt they are wondering, as I am, if spring is ever going to arrive this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment