Friday, January 27, 2012

Pinholes

 I have two tasks on my agenda for today and it makes me smile to think of their differences.
My first chore is homework - I am to take a series of photos using a pinhole camera. For those who have never played with pinholes, suffice it to say they are about as far from cutting edge technology as you can get. Basically you have a light tight box of some kind which has 1) a pinhole that can be covered and uncovered to control the amount of time light can enter into the box (shutter speed) and 2) a slot to load light sensitive film to be exposed to the entering light.

The trickiest part is figuring out exposure time to not over or under expose the 4" x 5" film inside the camera.
The bad news is that I will not know until next week whether I have been successful in capturing anything, let alone something worth developing.
My second scheduled task for today is to work on my website which I hope to have up and running within the next week or two. I will publish the address once I have something up for viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment