Saturday, November 19, 2011

Let it Snow!

 In all the years I have lived here, this is only the second time I have been snowed in! With a driveway more than a mile long it is not an option to shovel the snow. The good news is that it is a weekend, the power is on and I have enough food to survive about a year. The temps are predicted to be in the 50's by early next week so I just have to wait until it all melts away.

In the meantime, it has been fun to try and capture images of all that whiteness. I got bundled up and hiked to the gate and back yesterday - not an easy task when the snow is up to your knees. Today I am committed to wrapping Christmas gifts so they can be delivered to family over Thanksgiving.












This was the scene just a few days ago as 
 this young mule deer lounged in the back yard. I mentioned that one of the differences between white tail and mule deer is the huge white tail of the white tail (duh!).  Another difference is in the size of the mule deer's ears. They are amazingly big. This gal has beautiful black accents on her ear edges, making them even more obvious.

1 comment: