Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Spring in Wyoming

It has been a while since I last posted so to make up for my absence, I am going to post a bunch of "awwww" today! 

Ken had meetings in Red Lodge for two days last week which meant I had a rare opportunity to explore the Beartooths and a little bit of Lamar Valley on my own schedule. The first day was absolutely beautiful with perfect temperatures and lots of sunshine. The next day was winter all over again as I inched my way over mountain passes in four wheel drive buffeted by a mixture of blowing snow and hail. Even so, I managed to find a few special moments to capture.

I hope you enjoy seeing these images as much as I enjoyed taking them!
 This little pine marten was definitely curious about what I was doing climbing around in his rocks.

 I loved witnessing this tender moment between a mama pronghorn and her newborn baby.
 A rare moment of sun breaking through the clouds on day 2. The roads were icy in the morning and snow covered when I came back through in the afternoon. Today the pass is closed because of additional snow.
 This pair of pronghorn was definitely spooked by something much scarier than me. They came flying over the hill and ran beside my car, never stopping until they were well out of sight. I don't think any of the eight feet in this image are touching the ground!
 One of my favorite things about the Beartooths this time of year is finding the mountain goats playing on the cliffs. This young fellow was part of a group of three youngsters that seemed oblivious to my presence.
The cliff swallows have taken up residence on the back side of Soda Butte.

Another sweet moment as a young bison tried to shelter from the blowing snow by tucking behind its mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment