Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Photography Classes

 This week has been overwhelming so far with the number of projects needed for my college photography classes. And it doesn't show any sign of letting up soon. The only really good news is that this weekend is my outdoor photography class and I get to spend two days shooting in Yellowstone Park.

I thought I would show just a couple of my recent projects. These are actually those that were not turned in as I didn't think they were up to par but I still like them enough to show them here.

The first two are HDRs. That means they are photos for which I shot three of the exact same image - one underexposed by 2 stops, one normal exposure and one overexposed by 2 stops. I then combined all three photos to get a richness of color not possible otherwise.

I don't usually shoot buildings but I really like this image of the Chamberlain Inn in downtown Cody. It was dusk when I took the photos and so the shadows are nice and rich and the lights are twinkling on top of the building.
 The second photo, on the other hand, was shot in early morning and is, of course, at Mammoth Hotsprings in Yellowstone. The moon you see is the "blue moon" of late August, getting ready to set behind the Terrace.
The third photo is a surreal landscape I had to do for my Photo Illustration class. It is a compilation of several photos. The moon is the same one as in the Mammoth photo but it has been moved to an over saturated blue sky atop Bald Ridge. It must be a magic moon as it is bringing out the little rock girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment