Friday, December 16, 2011

Also Ran's

 So far I have posted four of the six photos I used in my final presentation for Beginning Digital. The two I am showing today are part of the pile of "also ran's", meaning they came close but didn't make the cut.

The first photo, to the left, is of a red-breasted nuthatch. This is one of those strange photos that I love but no one else gets excited about. Yes, I know it is a photo of the back side of a bird but it is such a classic nuthatch pose! I love the open space at the bottom but others find it too stark. I still think I will print it out at 16" x 20" and hang it on my wall.
The second photo is of a Sharp-shinned hawk in a tree in Lander on a very cold day. He is pretty fluffed up trying to stay warm. It is a beautiful bird but the branches were just too distracting for him to make the final six of the presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment